Department of Culture:
- Preparing draft agenda and programs concerned with the joint Arab action in areas of Culture.
- Following-up on the implementation of resolutions and recommendations relevant to Culture, undertaken by the Councils of the League of Arab States, its committees and bodies, and evaluating its results.
- Coordinating work and cooperating in the field of Culture with governments, specialized Arab and international organizations and specialized Ministerial Councils.
- Organizing conferences and forums and attending related events.
Department of Dialogue of Civilizations:
- Establishing communication and interaction bridges between different civilizations so as to prevent clashes or confrontation.
- Highlighting the elements and commonalities between different civilizations to create common grounds.
- Clarifying the basic features of Arab-Islamic civilization and its contribution to enrichment of human civilization.
- Combating the phenomenon of Islamophobia and facing contempt of religions and prophets.
- Countering all forms and manifestations of extremism and intolerance, conducive to the spread of terrorism.
- Presenting the true image of Islam and confronting attempts of stereotyping it.
- Working at improving the image of Arabs and Muslims among followers of other civilizations, particularly Western civilization, and confronting campaigns of deformation and attempts of negative stereotyping.
- Assuring affiliation to Arab-Islamic identity.
- Addressing all forms and manifestations of racial discrimination and incitement to violence on race or religion basis.
- Strengthening international cooperation to address common threats and challenges facing different civilizations such as terrorism, extremism, violence, civil wars and environmental pollution, etc.